September 17, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: Congressional Black Caucus head Emanuel Cleaver says of Obama's stance: "Unquestionably, yes."
by Eugene Robinson onSeptember 8, 2012
Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson says that the message for Democrats is decidedly hopeful this year.
by David Swerdlick onSeptember 7, 2012
The Root's contributing editor David Swerdlick writes at the New York Daily News that, in his DNC speech, Bill Clinton both sold the Affordable Care Act and "made a case for himself as the political master craftsman."
September 5, 2012
Elongated Thoughts: Are Americans better off than they were four years ago? The president of Rebuild the Dream responds.
by Nsenga Burton onFebruary 15, 2011
Mayor Anthony Foxx has a lot on his plate: His school system, and the North Carolina city's selection as the 2012 host of the Democratic National Convention, have made national headlines. He chats with The Root about the big news.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966