September 17, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: Congressional Black Caucus head Emanuel Cleaver says of Obama's stance: "Unquestionably, yes."
by Eugene Robinson onSeptember 8, 2012
Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson says that the message for Democrats is decidedly hopeful this year.
by David Swerdlick onSeptember 7, 2012
The Root's contributing editor David Swerdlick writes at the New York Daily News that, in his DNC speech, Bill Clinton both sold the Affordable Care Act and "made a case for himself as the political master craftsman."
September 5, 2012
Elongated Thoughts: Are Americans better off than they were four years ago? The president of Rebuild the Dream responds.
by Nsenga Burton onFebruary 15, 2011
Mayor Anthony Foxx has a lot on his plate: His school system, and the North Carolina city's selection as the 2012 host of the Democratic National Convention, have made national headlines. He chats with The Root about the big news.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]
- Nurse Arrested For DUI In School Parking Lot [VIDEO]
- Reports: Jennifer Hudson Returning To ‘American Idol’ As Judge