by Nsenga Burton onMarch 29, 2011
Change in the racial composition of this country is official.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMarch 24, 2011
2010 figures will show Chocolate City changing fast ... along with the rest of the country.
March 1, 2010
Despite the progress African Americans have made on income and education, when it comes to marriage and families, the numbers are bleak.
February 23, 2010
Black Americans have made huge strides in education in the past 50 years.
February 16, 2010
A financial portrait of black America in anticipation of the 2010 U.S. Census.
February 9, 2010
What the most recent U.S. Census report tells us now.
by Kai Wright onJanuary 8, 2010
White students are no longer a demographic majority in the South. No majority means no “minorities,” either. The times, they are a changin’…
January 6, 2010
The 2010 Census Board says they included "Negro" on the form because some people still identify that way...
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]