April 20, 2011
Yes, Virginia, there is such a thing as a black Civil War re-enactor. They seek to keep alive the stories of black soldiers, slaves and free blacks who contributed to the war effort. Let's meet a few of them.
by Nsenga Burton onApril 12, 2011
One in four Americans said that they sympathize more with the Confederacy than with the Union.
by Allen C. Guelzo onApril 11, 2011
On the 150th anniversary of the first shot fired, many blacks are indifferent. Why they're wrong.
by Andrew J. Skerritt onDecember 22, 2010
If at first you don't secede, try, try again. Why this newfound fervor for all things Confederate is dangerous for America.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)
- Mike Goodson: NY Jets RB Arrested On Weapons, Drug Charges