August 1, 2012
This week on the Confab: Join Staff Writer Jenée Desmond-Harris as she chats with Associate Editor Brett Johnson and Assistant Editor Akoto Ofori-Atta about The Root's Olympic highlights, John Carlos' black power salute at the 1968 games and the Mississippi church that wouldn't marry an African-American couple.
February 22, 2010
USA hockey pulled off its biggest upset since Lake Placid, besting Canada 5-3.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]