November 30, 2011
The Black Girls Rock! founder spins positive message to fight negative images of women in media.
November 23, 2011
At The Root 100 gala, honorees talk family traditions and what they're excited for this season.
by Edmund Newton onNovember 21, 2011
The executive director of ColorOfChange.org is a strong believer in online power to make social change.
November 8, 2011
At our recent gala, the 2011 class of The Root 100 shared what it means to make our list.
November 7, 2011
Guests talked, laughed and danced at a fete for our 2011 list of influential African Americans.
by Edmund Newton onNovember 6, 2011
Mayors, media stars, activists and other influencers came out Saturday to celebrate and reflect.
October 7, 2011
This week on the Confab: Join Associate Editor Lauren Williams as she chats with Managing Editor Joel Dreyfuss, contributor Mary Curtis and The Root 100 honoree Adam Serwer about politics and race in the New South, Rick Perry's ranch problem, Herman Cain and our list of the 100 most influential African Americans.
October 5, 2011
These young black achievers and influencers represent the ideals of The Root. Click on the thumbnails to learn more.
by Joel Dreyfuss onOctober 4, 2011
This year we took a fresh approach to compiling our annual list of young influencers and iconoclasts.
by Omar Wasow onOctober 4, 2011
New metrics helped The Root identify 100 blacks with the most influence.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Social media emerges as a vehicle for love and support during natural disasters.
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- 9-Year-Old Girl Among Children Missing After Oklahoma Tornado
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today
- Teens Allegedly Post Taped Rape Of 12-Year-Old Girl On Facebook