March 31, 2013
The POTUS says he chose Syracuse after threats from Syracuse alum and V.P. Joe Biden.
February 17, 2013
The POTUS' address will coincide with the 50th anniversary of alumni MLK's "I Have a Dream" speech.
February 17, 2013
The POTUS spoke against gun violence at Chicago's Hyde Park Academy on Friday.
by Imara Jones onFebruary 11, 2013
On Colorlines, Imara Jones writes that President Obama has had a hand in America's struggling economy, and if policies don't change, the black and brown financial squeeze will continue.
February 10, 2013
Tuesday's speech will center on the economy and employment.
February 9, 2013
The POTUS' poll drop may be a result of an aggressive agenda on gay rights and more.
by Inimai M. Chettiar onFebruary 4, 2013
President Obama's gun legislation could have unintended negative effects, writes Inimai M. Chettiar in the Nation, and lawmakers have to be aware of the power they wield.
February 3, 2013
Amid rising gun violence, the civil rights leader has called on the POTUS.
by David Swerdlick onFebruary 3, 2013
On BET.com, columnist David Swerdlick argues that the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations was actually smart to bow out of the combative confirmation hearings.
January 26, 2013
The POTUS welcomes new addition to his White House staff and says goodbye to key strategist.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]