by Jenée Desmond-Harris onDecember 15, 2011
None of them are for "most sugarcoated depiction of African-American history."
August 10, 2011
The best-seller stirred up debate about white people telling black stories. Does the movie put the controversy to rest?
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onFebruary 22, 2011
Stockett says the Aibileen character was fictitious.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt