October 29, 2010
For Colored Girls, Tyler Perry's adaptation of Ntozake Shange's famous play, has been met with resistance from fans of the choreopoem. But it's not the first celebrated written work-turned-movie that critics feel should have been left alone.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Memes making fun of the two rage on for hours on Twitter and Instagram.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt