Marketing led to the increase in gastric banding among girls who did not need it.
Colleges are testing top athletes for sickle cell anemia. It's for their own good, but players feel the tests could lead to discrimination, reports The Washington Post.
The former secretary of state says that illegal immigrants do "essential work."
Off-color jokes and a penchant for the "n-word" get Wilton Manors Police Chief Richard Perez suspended.
Apparently the Republicans and Tea Party are fighting for the same thing.
Urban blight is leading to a fight over property. Guess who is losing?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt