A recent study found that African-American women not diagnosed with breast cancer were less likely than white women to get genetic testing for gene abnormalities, despite recommendations from their doctors.
During a recent talk at Harvard, the former CNN anchor charged that whites are afraid to deal with the nation's black-white division.
Brentin Mock writes at Colorlines about journalist and documentarian Deborah "Big Red" Cotton, who has expressed both her concern about New Orleans violence and her compassion and love for black men in the city.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A trending topic turns into an informative consciousness-raising session.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Reports: Jennifer Hudson Returning To ‘American Idol’ As Judge
- Michael Parson: Man Sentenced To 35-Years For Shooting Wife Eight Times
- Eric Holder Signed Off On Search Warrant For James Rosen E-Mails: NBC News
- Katherine Jackson Leaves Court In Tears During M.J. Civil Trial
- Detroit Freak Judge’s Ex-Lover Makes Fool Of Herself During TV Interview