Atlantic Wire blogger Connor Simpson lambastes the Internet's instant meme-ification of Cleveland kidnapping hero Charles Ramsey.
In a piece at her For Harriett blog, Kimberly N. Foster agrees with author Jamaica Kincaid's rejection of the "angry black woman" label that critics try to stamp on her work.
He had been scheduled to be put to death on Tuesday at 6 p.m.
The gaffe-prone Texas governor and former GOP presidential candidate does it again.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Stepdad Multiple Times
- Homeless Teen Graduates At Top Of Her High School Class
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.