Atlantic Wire blogger Connor Simpson lambastes the Internet's instant meme-ification of Cleveland kidnapping hero Charles Ramsey.
In a piece at her For Harriett blog, Kimberly N. Foster agrees with author Jamaica Kincaid's rejection of the "angry black woman" label that critics try to stamp on her work.
He had been scheduled to be put to death on Tuesday at 6 p.m.
The gaffe-prone Texas governor and former GOP presidential candidate does it again.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Twitter Decides: Miguel Wins Billboard Awards With Fan Drop Kick! [VIDEO]
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)