A recent study found that African-American women not diagnosed with breast cancer were less likely than white women to get genetic testing for gene abnormalities, despite recommendations from their doctors.
During a recent talk at Harvard, the former CNN anchor charged that whites are afraid to deal with the nation's black-white division.
Brentin Mock writes at Colorlines about journalist and documentarian Deborah "Big Red" Cotton, who has expressed both her concern about New Orleans violence and her compassion and love for black men in the city.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
As the ousted chief becomes the face of the flap, keep these facts in mind.
Six citizens were sentenced to one year for their "insulting" tweets.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Kiera Wilmot: NASA Engineer Awards Fla. Teen Scholarship To Space Academy
- Mourners Gather In Oakland To Remember Malcolm Shabazz
- 13 People Shot In Detroit Within 24-Hour Period
- 20 To 25 Injured As Conn. Commuter Trains Collide
- Murder Suspect, 20, Allegedly Admits To Killing Teen Because She Refused Abortion