You'll love these life lessons from the basketball legend.
One D.C. Council member is making moves to switch "Redskins" to "Redtails."
Cicely Tyson and Condola Rashad are among the black actors being honored. Read the full list.
Daily News columnist Stanley Crouch checks in on the leaked comments of GOP strategist Frank Luntz, who said that right-wing radio is preventing moderate Republicans from achieving a compromise on immigration.
Blogger Mia McKenzie, in a piece for the Guardian, rails against the country's double standard on gun violence, saying that it seems to matter only when it occurs in white neighborhoods.
Writing at the Huffington Post, Michelangelo Signorile says that Washington Wizards center Jason Collins' announcement that he is gay is "huge" because he is helping to break down barriers for LGBT rights.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours