Kiera Wilmot faced up to five years in prison in a case that caused national outrage over law enforcement's overreaction.
The Atlantic's Ta-Nehisi Coates responds to recent writing on race and intelligence by reminding us exactly what race is and what it isn't.
Morris W. O'Kelly writes at the Huffington Post that the talk-show host only picks fights that he thinks he can win. But with Wayne Brady, he lost badly.
Ranbaxy Laboratories has pleaded guilty to selling adulterated drugs. Fortune has an account of what one insider said were internal attitudes toward the India-based company's most vulnerable victims.
Organizing for Action's Gregory Jackson and the president discussed his firsthand lesson about the importance of gun-violence prevention.
Writing at the Guardian, conservative blogger Crystal Wright weighs in on the various controversies swirling around the Obama administration and determines that Republicans -- and Americans in general, for that matter -- only want answers.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.