Ernest Owens, in a piece for the Huffington Post, encourages those who are upset about the singer's controversial Instagram post to take a look at their own online lives.
Writing at Colorlines, Jamilah King says that this movement has been in the works for years and has a diverse set of characters.
You'll love these life lessons from the basketball legend.
One D.C. Council member is making moves to switch "Redskins" to "Redtails."
Cicely Tyson and Condola Rashad are among the black actors being honored. Read the full list.
Daily News columnist Stanley Crouch checks in on the leaked comments of GOP strategist Frank Luntz, who said that right-wing radio is preventing moderate Republicans from achieving a compromise on immigration.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Social media emerges as a vehicle for love and support during natural disasters.
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- 9-Year-Old Girl Among Children Missing After Oklahoma Tornado
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today
- Teens Allegedly Post Taped Rape Of 12-Year-Old Girl On Facebook