Of the Mau Mau's stunning legal victory against the United Kingdom, Harvard scholar Caroline Elkins says in a piece at The Guardian that it should be the first of many, if there is any justice.
The Huffington Post's Kia Makarechi examines the uproar surrounding Kanye West's forthcoming studio solo album, Yeezus, which includes the song "I Am a God." Makarechi argues that the artist is essentially a creation of his fan base, so people might want to direct their anger there.
The 23-year-old former operator reportedly compared black people to "animals" in posts visible only to her friends.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music
- Face2FaceAfrica Honors Distinguished Africans At 2nd Annual F.A.C.E. List Awards
- No Trace Of North Carolina Family Man Missing Since 2010