Heather Ellis faces fifteen years in prison for allegedly cutting the line at Wal-Mart...
Watch video response of the justice of the peace who wouldn't marry a black and white couple...
White House mum on whether or not the president will pardon boxer Jack Johnson...
Secretary Clinton outlines new policy regarding US efforts in Sudan...
Eugene Bailey, who'd been previously accused of dealing the "knockout punch" to Albert, has been released...
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Stepdad Multiple Times
- Homeless Teen Graduates At Top Of Her High School Class
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.