As we await the Supreme Court's decision in Fisher v. University of Texas, a new poll reveals serious divides along both racial and ideological lines.
Michael Arceneaux, in a piece for Ebony, describes how, contrary to popular belief, not all gay people are rich white men living the good life. He uses findings from a Williams Institute report to draw attention to the nonwhite members of the gay community and the economic constraints they face.
A Broken Promise in Texas tells the story of death-row inmate Duane Buck's trial and sentence, which hinged on bigoted analysis.
"Some people have found them shocking, but that's part of the purpose," the Chicago Department of Public Health says about the attention-grabbing campaign.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music
- Face2FaceAfrica Honors Distinguished Africans At 2nd Annual F.A.C.E. List Awards
- No Trace Of North Carolina Family Man Missing Since 2010