In a piece for BlackAmericaWeb, Tom Joyner says that these drug- and alcohol-fueled incidents have gone too far, and parents need to step in and drill into children's heads that sexual violence is never OK.
Clearly, abuse is no laughing matter. But is it that bad to make a joke at the expense of the perpetrator?
Atlantic Wire blogger Connor Simpson lambastes the Internet's instant meme-ification of Cleveland kidnapping hero Charles Ramsey.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The graphic details documented by onlookers spread quickly on social media.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Kordell Stewart Denies Claims That He Locked Porsha Out Of Home
- Parent Locked Out Of Spelman Graduation Vows To Stop Support
- Michael Adebolajo Named As Suspect In London Terrorist Attack
- The Sad Truth: Why Kiera Wilmot’s Case Isn’t Over
- Cleveland Eateries Promise Charles Ramsey Free Burgers For Life