Writing for Clutch magazine, Yesha Callahan rounds up the back-and-forth between advocates such as members of the Congressional Native American Caucus and the NFL brass they're lobbying to get the r-word removed from the football team's name.
The chair of the HBCU's governing board says it's still recovering from the recession, but it is growing.
Iyanla Vanzant, La Toya Jackson and Kim Whitley just might be saving the network. Some would say we could have predicted this.
In a piece for the New Yorker, Jelani Cobb discusses the second-degree-murder trial of George Zimmerman in terms of America's gun culture and perceptions of race.
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- James Helps Heat Stave Off Elimination In Game 6 [VIDEO]
- Serena Williams On Steubenville Rape: ‘Boys Did Something Stupid, But…Maybe She Wasn’t A Virgin’
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music