As reports about the death of Malcolm X's grandson circulate, a March statement on what he said was harassment by law enforcement is getting new attention.
"It's the little indignities that slowly devastate your soul," the Huffington Post's Seema Jilani writes in a piece about what she says was "white privilege on display."
Speaking out about decades-old Fresh Prince drama, Janet Hubert says Will Smith and Alfonso Ribiero were "bad kids."
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today