6. “I’m done waiting for a decision. You won’t give me a straight answer, in or out? I’ll give you one. I’m out.” –David Rosen when Abby refuses to define their relationship
David has grown some major U.S. attorney cojones since season 1. Like their bosses Fitz and Olivia, David and Abby have a relationship that’s always off. But in last night’s episode he took the competition to a whole other level.
7. “And he has made me look like the weakest, most backwards anti-feminist this world has ever known, and that is not the poster child I am supposed to be.“ –The senator‘s wife when she finds out her husband is a total pervert
You better tell ’em, Huma Abedin! Oh, wait.
8. “Do you think we can leave the past in the past, sir?” –Cyrus when the president shows up at a funeral for a man he can‘t be connected to
Is Cy not watching the show?! There is no leaving the past behind in Scandal land. The past always comes back to bite you. The question is, how hard?
9. “You’re not worried about me; you’re interested! You want to know what it feels like to do the things that I do!” –Huck when Quinn Perkins won‘t stop badgering him about where he‘s been
In her long-running audition for the 14th season of Snapped: Scandal Edition, Quinn has become way too obsessed with Huck’s “alcoholism” (read: killing addiction). Huck called it. Quinn’s curiosity goes well beyond friendly concern. The girl wants to get into the assassin racket.
10. “More wine!” –Jake when Liv tries to have a private phone conversation with the president
If the leader of the free world could ever get big-boyed, then that just happened. In two words — probably Olivia’s favorite two, in fact — Jake manages to let both Liv and Fitz know that he’s not going anywhere. It would be sorta creepy if it weren’t so cute.