Boston Suspect's Friend in Custody: 'I'm an Average Guy'

A YouTube video uploaded last year shows Robel Phillipos, one of Boston bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's three college friends currently held by police.

Posted:
 
(Continued from Page 2)

"Give up. Give up. You have a bright future ahead of you. Come home to Russia," the dad said.

The father warned, however, "If they killed him, then all hell would break loose."

"If they kill my second child, I will know that it is an inside job, a hit job. The police are to blame," the father told ABC News. "Someone, some organization is out to get them."

Anzor Tsarnaev said that his sons were "set up" and that they are "very nice kids" who have no experience with weapons and explosives.

UPDATED Friday, April 19, 1:21 p.m. EDT: According to Buzzfeed, Stefanie Gardner, who says she attended Cambridge Rindge and Latin School with 19-year-old suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, has confirmed that his Twitter account is @J_tsar. That account's last status update was written Tuesday, a day after the shooting, and reads, "Im a stress free kind of guy."  

One of @J_tsar's  followers, @DanmitGIO, has tweeted commentary about Dzhokhar, whom he refers to as "Jahar." Tweets today include: "When they said he last name on the news..i knew it was jahar....you cant trust anyone man this is sad, prayers for all of boston"; "We went to the gym with this bastard, chilled, went to eat, played video games like what the f--k …  we trusted this a--hole";  and "We legit were boys i cant even look at this dude anymore, chilled all the time f--k this kid i trusted this a--hole." 

UPDATED Friday, April 19, 11:34 a.m. EDT: In an interview with CBS Boston, Ruslan Tsarni, the uncle of suspects in the Boston Marathon bombings, said he was "absolutely shocked" and "devastated" over the news that his nephews were allegedly involved in Monday's attack. He also called them "losers" and asked for forgiveness on behalf of the entire family. Watch the interview and get live updates on the latest at the Washington Post.

UPDATED Friday, April 19, 8:44 a.m. EDT: MSNBC is reporting that two people from the suspects' home have been taken into custody but are not under arrest. The manhunt for the second suspect continues and the Boston area remains on high alert, with a shelter-in-place order in effect for the entire city. 

UPDATED Friday, April 19, 8:36 a.m. EDT: Overnight, one of the suspects was killed in a confrontation with police, and the other is the subject of a massive manhunt. The Washington Post reports:

The suspects -- introduced to the world via photos and video footage Thursday night -- were identified as brothers, law enforcement officials said Friday morning

Comments
The Root encourages respectful debate and dialogue in our commenting community. To improve the commenting experience for all our readers we will be experimenting with some new formats over the next few weeks. During this transition period the comments section will be unavailable to users.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your continued support of The Root.

While we are experimenting, please feel free to leave feedback below about your past experiences commenting at The Root.