8. Your financial baseline: the lowest amount of money you can make each month and still survive.
9. What multiple streams of income are and how to get some
10. How to save for the things you want vs. financing
11. How to deal with debt collectors without freaking-out, ignoring them or avoiding their calls
12. How to negotiate discounts with your service providers
13. What a credit report is and how to read it
14. How to ask for a deferment or forbearance of a student loan, rather than defaulting
Read Tiffany Aliche’s entire piece at the Huffington Post.
The Root aims to foster and advance conversations about issues to the black Diaspora by presenting a variety of opinions from all perspectives, whether or not those opinions are shared by our editorial staff.