We all know Tay-Tay can sang. And not just any ol' regular type of singing. The “throw off your shoes, run across the stage, and belting out notes from the bottom of your soul” type of sangin’. And this is simply what makes Fantasia special. Remembered and highly regarded as one of American Idol’s most shining stars, Fantasia is one of those artists you must see within your lifetime.
Having performed tributes to everyone from Patti LaBelle to Whitney Houston to Prince, Fantasia has grown as a legend in her own right. In honor of her 32nd birthday, we’ve compiled a list of some of our favorite performances:
1. Fantasia and Her Mother Performing Powerful Duet of “He’s Done Enough”
2. Fantasia Singing “The Lord Is Blessing Me” at BET Celebration of Gospel
3. Fantasia Singing “Somebody Loves You” at UNCF’s “An Evening of Stars” 30th Anniversary
4. Fantasia Singing “Lose to Win” at Her American Idol Finale
5. Jennifer Hudson, Fantasia and LaToya London: The “Three Divas” Reunite on Idol Finale
6. Fantasia and Luke James at the Trumpet Awards
7. Fantasia Singing “I'm Here”—The Color Purple— at the Tony Awards
Kimberly Wilson is the social media editor at The Root. Follow her on Twitter.